The 2016 pilot program was such a hit at La Crone Park we decided to expand to a neighborhood near YOU! Thanks in large part to the Foundation For Excellence, we will be in the following locations in 2017:
- Lacrone Park (535 W. Patterson)
- New Horizons Village (2400 St Albans Way)
- Hispanic American Council (930 Lake St.)
- Alternative Learning Program facility (3410 Laird Ave.)
What is Supervised Playground?
- Supervised Playground is a safe place for children 7 – 16 years old to attend all summer long (June 19 – August 18, 9am – 5pm)! Did we mention that it’s FREE? Yup, again, thank you to the Foundation For Excellence! This program is similar to a summer camp but will only go on a couple field trips and will spend most of the time in the actual park. There will be no breakfast or lunch from June 19 – 23 but beginning June 26 – August 18 we will offer FREE breakfast and lunch!
- Registration is daily and on-site. Don’t be late, we can only have a maximum of 40 kids each day! On the first day your child(ren) attend you will be required to complete a registration form. You will only have to fill that form out once and for the rest of the summer you will only have to sign your child(ren) in and out!
- Activities will include arts & crafts, sports, games and more! Campers will have some time during the day to choose what they would like to do, and there will be limited field trips. When field trips will occur, signs will be posted on-site and at the sign in/sign out table.
PARENT HANDBOOK – we will have these on-site as well. All parents MUST read, sign, and return this document.
Interested in getting to know who you will be leaving your kids with all summer? Attend our MEET THE STAFF day on Saturday, June 17 from 10 am – noon at Mayors’ Riverfront Park!